Saturday, November 03, 2007

Corn Maze Fun


We went to our first official corn maze here in Utah. Now while we did not do the big corn maze because the kids are a little young, we did have fun participating in many of the other activities. Since we went after Halloween we had so much fun and practically had the place all to ourselves. But first our exciting tale of what happened once we arrived.

Upon arrival at Cornbelly’s Maze I began the delicate process of getting the kids out of the car and ready for fun. Barrett was still sleeping when we arrived so I left him in the car while I got the stroller out and Isabelle out. Now this is a little different since I usually get him out then Isabelle but change never hurts. Before I started removing objects I placed my cell phone and keys in the side pocket of the diaper bag so that I could put the bag in the stroller. I had the stroller all set up and Isabelle was getting out of the car and I made my way to the front to grab the bag and instead I decided to just take out a diaper and wipes because that would be so much easier. Since I had gotten a bigger diaper bag when Bear was first born and it took up a lot of room. I told Bear I would get him out in just a minute and closed the front door. I walked around the other side to Bear and opened his door. Low and behold it would not open, so I was like ok let me go get my keys from the stroller. No keys!! Where could they be, oh yea still in the diaper bag on the front seat of the car that is now locked with my child still in the car. That’s right I locked Barrett unintentionally in the car. I could not believe I had done this.

Fortunately I was down at the maze with Mom’s Club so I had some people to help me call the police to get Barrett out of the car. After what seemed like forever but was really only about twenty minutes he was out and no worse for the wear. I should have taken pictures of the police officer unlocking the door but then I thought he would think I was crazy, so I didn’t. After he was out Bear was just fine, a little shocked that I left him in the car but he recovered well and had a great time at the Maze. He followed the older kids around great, and they each had so much fun. I think the coolest part was the giant “balloon” they had on the floor, one for smaller kids and one for big kids or adults. Even I got out on this one, I think it was even better than a trampoline; everyone should try it out sometime in their life.

1 comments:

I am so blessed said...

That is too funny! I have done that before-locked my kids in the car when they were too little to unlock the door themselves! Sounds like you had fun in spite of your rocky start! Great pictures!