Today for part of school we made applesauce. Let me just say with the help of my kids, we make some pretty good applesauce. In a couple of weeks Isabelle and her Girl Scout troop are going to visit an apple picking location, I think we might get some "farm fresh" apples to make applesauce with. Homemade is so much better, than store bought, you can flavor it anyway you want and plus you know what is all in you sauce. Nothing but apples, cinnamon, lemon, vanilla and water for ours. Isabelle really wanted cinnamon flavored, so I let Bear put the cinnamon in and he did a fantastic job, it tastes wonderful.
While getting it ready each of the kids had to have a turn at the apple; peeler, corer, slicer job. Each one was able to complete the task all by themselves including Cooper. I just had to help hold it in place since I was having trouble getting it to stay in one place.
Anyway, they had a lot of fun creating a healthy treat for themselves, and I know we will do it again. Plus it is pretty easy and quick, since we sliced everything up before taking Isabelle to school.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Applesauce
Posted by Allison and Ben at 9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















2 comments:
Yummy! Couldn't agree more about the homemade aspect of applesauce. Most everything tastes better that is homemade.
What a good way to teach the childern......about food....
Love G-Susie
Post a Comment