
We are into our fourth "snow day" with at last some snow. Before we really just had ice. Believe it or not the people who live in this part of Texas are not prepared for these type of conditions. Not to mention that the Super Bowl is coming to town this weekend. I'm sure the football commission is really kicking itself in the butt for that one. But since they did not have a magic ball to predict that a freak snow storm was going to come to town they should really give that some consideration.
I'm sure Jerry land will be very upset if they are not able to host the Super Bowl again in five years, since he pretty much built the stadium for that single purpose in mind. Oh well on to bigger and better things.
Speaking of bigger, that is what I am getting. That's right the fourth and last child is on its way. Growing everyday and already starting to make his/her appearance known, since I have been stretched out three times before it gets harder and harder to hide each time. So far things are good and we are expecting our newest bundle of joy to arrive sometime in the first few days of August. So instead of complaining about the cold, I will be wailing on about the heat.

Enough of that, back to our snow day. The kids were all very excited about the snow and could hardly wait to go outside. So after a quick breakfast, they were getting dressed and racing out the door. Cooper discovered he does not like the snow to touch his gloves. Now I'm not sure if that is a function of his gloves being too small and not fittng well so he got snow down his sleeve a little or if that is because he hands got too cold. Either way it was pretty funny.
Isabelle decided to revamp snow angles and do them face first. Bear followed suit but did not like it as much as she did. I think she would have played outside longer if her brothers did not want to come in early. I was able to sweep the drive way off so that there was not as much snow covering the ice that is still there, but that was just silliness since it started to snow some more. Somehow I missed the report that told us it was going to snow. Crazy! (that person was driving too fast). 
My four season garden just might be toast after this weekend. Since the cover is not on because two of the poles are missing in the neighbors yard. She is either:
1. Too lazy to go outside and toss them back over
2. Never goes in the back yard and does not know they are there
3. Has a different schedule than us so we have not had the chance to ask for them back
I should have just gone over during the day and gotten them from her yard. Oh well, we'll see how things go. After all we just planted some stuff anyway that would not be covered so it will be interesting to see what comes up when the weather changes.
Hopefully the kids will want to go play in the snow some more this afternoon. It's too bad they can't make a very good snowman. The snow is too dry. Makes for easy sweeping though. On the plus side, being home so much has really helped Cooper and I get over some of our potty training issues. Now for number 2 and we will be in good and pretty much done. I'm ready!
Friday, February 04, 2011
"Snow Day"
Posted by Allison and Ben at 9:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















4 comments:
OMG! Congratulations!!! So happy for you guys!
Glad your kids are loving the snow and I hope they go back to school on Monday. 4 Snow Days would drive me nuts!
Wow! A lot more snow than I thought you had. Leave it to Isabelle to come up with a new way to do something! Upside down snow angels...it's like, where is Isabelle's face??
Cooper does look very worried that his mittens have snow on them. I want a copy of that one. Bear's picture is great! I love it, put on Snapfish so I can get a copy. Love my grandbabies. Mom L.
OKay. How did I miss that little blurb in the middle of your snow post? I swear I read that post twice at least. I've been checking your blog often for an update and I just kept logging on and seeing the snow post. You're trying to be sneaky by hiding it in the middle. I was pretty sure that you were giving me some major hints the last time we talked on the phone, but I just figured you weren't ready to tell me yet. BOOGER. Anyway, congrats. I'm really happy. Next time just be blunt ;-) I'm dumb. I need that. Love you.
OMG! I didn't know! That is awesome! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment