Friday, June 10, 2011

My Summer Reading Plan

Ok so I have a Goodreads account where I like to keep track of the books I have read and plan to read. I have a good list that I want to read and some of those books have been on that list for years. Years you say, yes can you believe it! I know I can't. So I decided that this summer, between watching kids and having a new baby, I would start at the top of my list and work my way down. I will probably add in other books not on the list or at the bottom, but at least one will come from the first page. This weeks books are the following: Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express, and Lian Hearn Brilliance of the Moon.

I chose the Christie novel because I have never read on one hers before, and thought why not. Maybe it will give me something to talk about to old people with, haa, haa.


The Hearn novel I chose because it is the third book in the series and I just figured it was time to finish it up. The series has been pretty good so far, set in feudal Japan, with secret societies and warriors with special skills.


We'll see how I do, since most of the books off my list I will probably be getting from the library, I do tend to pick up random books not one my list and then read them. I don't often like to be without a book to read, so that adds to my need to plan well. Anyway, hopefully my plan will work.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agatha Christie??? Old people??? Who might you be referring too sweetie??? I read Christie when I was in high school, just for fun. A great mystery writer in my humble, but not old, opinion.

Love,
Mom