He has at last arrived and we are all very excited to welcome him home. Especially mommy since this summer has been so hot, I think my temperature has dropped at least 20 degrees, since his arrival. I seem to remember walking outside late in the afternoon and thinking, wow it does not feel that hot, which is funny since it was probably like 102. Anyway, enough about that, I'm sure you would rather hear more about Decllan.
He is our first middle of the night baby, and not what I would recommend ever. It makes for a very long, tiring day. I had a doctors appointment on my due date and she asked if I would like my membranes stripped and I said yes please. Although I did not give it much thought since I had never had that done before, I was not sure if it would work or not. I should have tried it out with Bear and maybe he would have come out sooner. Anyway, that was around 3:30pm. Nothing exciting happened after that so we were just at home hanging out and thinking about taking the dog for a walk and eating ice cream, man I wish I had actually eaten dinner. I started to have some contractions that felt the same as those before sometime between 7 and 7:30p, I had to text Ben to find out when he was going to be returning since these lasted for about and hour and did not ever stop.
Ben goes let's get this baby out, he has not been sleeping very well. We took the dog for a walk to see if that would help things along and I think it did, either way, I think this baby is going to be coming soon. So we began to make arrangements, called Oma and asked if she would please come up and be with the kids. Then we had Ben's sister Penny bring over our niece Morgan to sleep with the kids, since by now it's close to 10pm and they really needed to go to be. We finally left the house around 10:30pm to head up to the hospital. The advantage of leaving then is that there is no traffic. We had to visit triage to actually make sure we were far enough along to be admitted. That was my fear that they would turn us away. After about an hour, we got our room.
I think it was about 12:30am or so, they broke my water and Ben asked me what time I thought the baby would arrive and I said 1:30am. Well I was wrong, but not by much, at 1:22am I squatted down and out came Decllan. The nurse who was supposed to "catch" him did not believe me that I was ready and kind of blew me off, we I told her umm no, you need to get the doctor now, because I am ready. He came out in one push and at last our little family is complete.
The only issue we had was that the doctor did not like how much I was bleeding and we had to take some actions that were not ever in my life plan. I had my first spinal ever and that was strange because you can't feel your lower body at all which is probably good since I'm sure the D&C would have hurt a whole lot more if I could have felt everything. Unfortunately that did not stop all of the bleeding and they had to put in a balloon, which seemed to help. The other downside to all of this was that they did not let me eat again until almost 12:30pm in the afternoon. And if you know me at all that just does not work well, I'm pretty sure they just wanted me to waste away to nothing after almost bleeding to death.
At least Decllan was born healthy and fit, coming in at 8 pounds 2 ounces and 20.5 inches long. He is the smallest of all the kids, but you know he is ours since they all look the same as babies. We are home now thank goodness, since hospital food sucks, and he is doing well and so is mommy.
Friday, August 05, 2011
Decllan Jude
Posted by Allison and Ben at 9:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















1 comments:
The pictures are great Al. Dad and I particularly like the lion one. He is adorable, like I keep telling people!
Love,
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment