Tuesday, July 10, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARRETT!




Bear is one year old today. I can hardly believe that just a year ago he arrived into the world a wonderful 9 pound baby boy. He has been so much fun this first year that I can hardly wait for the next one to come. Barrett has learned so much and just seems to absorb new information each and everyday. It is still so hard to believe that he has grown so much over the past year. He was so “little” when we brought him home, I’m just so proud of what he has learned. He is finally starting to walk more, almost always with his arms above his head. He just goes now all the time. He really needs his naps still because other wise he would be constantly on the move, and overly crabby. Barrett watches Isabelle’s every move, and tries to do what she does or at least keep up with her. They are so cute together. I think that as the months go by he will learn even more. He is stating to sign more words and hopefully will begin to speak more words as well. We are working with him on his signs and learning his body parts. With Isabelle’s help he will be well on his way to always be able to point to his nose for sure. He really enjoys pulling on your nose. We have made it through our first year of breastfeeding and we’ll have to wait and see how long he wants to go now. He still seems to enjoy it, but he eats so much faster after all he has to keep moving, to keep up with his sister. I’m pretty sure his first meal of “mommy milk” will stay with us for quite a while. Our first year is over, here is to the next one!

1 comments:

I am so blessed said...

I can't believe he is already one! I love the picture of him walking-what a cutie!