
Barrett had his first boat ride this past weekend. We went out on the lake with Ben’s coworker Casey and enjoyed the water for a short period of time. Barrett had his own life vest that fit great. I was so worried that it would be too big and would not work properly for on so young. But alas my worries were needless, as usually, the vest fit great. Barrett did wonderful on the boat, I think he liked it best when it was moving, but who knows. We even found a special spot for him to lie down right be the extra chair.
Isabelle thought the boat was a great adventure. She just wanted to explore the entire thing and figure out where she could go and do. While we were stopped getting ready to fish, she sat down to take her hand at driving the boat. It was pretty cute. Ben tired to get her feet wet but she was not too keen on that idea. She screamed so loud I think she scared all the fish away. I believe that she would have done just fine if Ben was in the water first and then she went in. Maybe next time she might like it better, after all the water was pretty cold.
Well our boating adventure did not last very long, because soon after we stopped we began to leak oil, because the cap came “unglued” and was not holding it in. So we decided that it would be safer to head back and pull the boat out instead of staying to fish out on the lake.
Instead we went down to the “beach” and fished from there. I did not think we would catch anything but Casey was actually able to catch a bass. We were all very surprised that such a large fish was so close to shore and that it ate up the hook. Every fish that is caught has a bad day after all. That was the only bite any of us got that day. I even tried but no luck. Isabelle thought the fish was pretty cool. We did not get her to kiss it but she did touch it, which is a good first step. Maybe over the holiday she will get a chance to kiss her fish. 
While we were on the beach, I put Barrett’s feet into the water, and boy he did not like that at all. He might have been louder than his sister in his protest of being put close to the waters edge. After he calmed back down, he just rested for the remainder of the day. Over all it was a pretty good day and everyone got a chance to enjoy the fresh air, and beautiful scenery of Utah.
Monday, August 07, 2006
Lake Jordanelle
Posted by Allison and Ben at 9:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















1 comments:
I love reading your posts and seeing your pictures. Sounds like you are enjoying beautiful Utah-I'm a little jealous! :) Your family is beautiful!
Post a Comment